Thread: Cowl Tag Help
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Way late commenting on this thread, haven't had much time to participate in the last several months. But as a fellow Fremont built '64 owner, wanted to offer some insights.

1. The Data Plate code 8680 is seen on the '64 Fremont Production Manifest record (aka PHS doc) in a Box labelled LOAD OR SEQ No.

I have logged these in an attempt to understand the purpose. Since it is coded on the Fisher Body Data Plate, the assumption is that it had relevance to Fisher. At the moment, I cannot recall if I was able to discern any pattern to this code.

2. 52 is almost certainly the body jig no. that this particular body assembly was welded up in. Early Fremont builds like mine typically have the 2 digits separated by a hyphen. The reason to track that was so that any subsequent fit up issues with a given body assembly could be tracked back to the specific jig so that any issues with the jig could be corrected.

3. I hope you ordered the Reproduction Window Sticker from Mike Noun (a member here). Mike knows how to format the '64 Fremont Window Stickers for as close to perfect accuracy as is possible. To my knowledge, PHS repro '64 Window Stickers are still NOT correct for Fremont cars. Mike's Window Stickers are OUTSTANDING.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post: