View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Senior Chief

I knew it was not the standard routing for the production Super Duty cars released mid 73 but I wasn't sure exactly how it was run. The late production routing is below , does anyone have the early routing of 73.

This article referred to the Intake manifold to be used on the SD 455 cars and spoke heavily of the test car.

"Initial plans for the SD-455 included a cast-aluminum intake manifold similar to that found on the R/A-IV and 455 H.O. engines. But, according to McCully and Hicks, it was ultimately rejected because of poor cold-weather operation and subsequent emissions output. The production SD intake was cast iron and featured larger runners that matched the taller cylinder head intake ports. A new Rochester Quadrajet carburetor with larger primaries for an increased flow capacity of 800 cfm was also used."

Read more: http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...#ixzz2HbiXsAE0

Does anyone know if the test car used anything other than an LS2 manifold or can you tell from the pictures. I realise the Intake runners were taller so the manifold had to match just want to make sure that is what the car was using as their isn't a lot of pictures of the engine bay floating around so its hard to see what was being used on this particular car.

I did see this video and would love to know if anyone can confirm if it is my car or not. If so its the only video I have seen of it actually being used. I am sure Pontiac would have made a lot of movie footage in that period as their is so much around of many other cars and its just been hard to find anything really.

It was under the title PONTIAC - The Glory Years! Part 4 of 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEGAtBTNQOM

Regards

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emission%20diagram%202.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	309140   Click image for larger version

Name:	emission%20diagram.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	309141  

Last edited by mscicluna007; 01-10-2013 at 05:01 PM.