View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Built two TH400, sort of a "last call", just before moving to AL (again). Still got somefight in me, but practicing retirement.

A complete Q-JET rebuild is tougher on me than a TH400, probably because of the external details, wear zones, parts conditions, and standing there at the bench has always been hard on me. Maybe a sit-down bench would help. Since my Q-JET performance result has been a matter of close but not excellent (for high-compr Q-JET on low Compr 455), the TH400 brings more confidence to my eagerness to take on.

Cliff, perhaps you can write up a specific instruction on the mods needed for early hi-compression Q-JETs to perform on 9.0:1 engines. I'd pay for thaat.

With all the talk about "nobody wants to do...", there still seems to be just enough hard-working folks in my circle, albeit 1-deep. Professionally, very high turn-over on a rather excellent project/program except for the company i'm helping (an old gig with rather dedicated staff). The CEO commented the worker shortage and turnove is everywhere. I commented but no here. He said but we can't find anybody new, we need more people.

Last edited by Half-Inch Stud; 05-14-2022 at 08:49 AM.