View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 10:00 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
We are busier than we have been in decades!!!!!

This is absolutely NOT a complaint, but haven't been fishing in a couple of years. Could clone myself 4 or 5 times and still be busy.

I cannot put a trend on what is selling, as we make carb kits for 1897 through 1974; but getting orders from about 1903 through 1974.

Pontiac sales are in the top 5, but Caterpiller is still number 1.

Other good sellers are Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, Nash, and I.H.C. Very little activity, at least for us, with MoPar or Ford.

Top selling carburetor brands are: Ensign, Marvel, Stromberg, Carter, Rochester, and Zenith.

For anyone that is GOOD with rebuilding carbs that would like to increase their income, there is a tremendous market right now for GOOD carburetor rebuilders. We turn down an average of 25 jobs per WEEK!

Jon

I'll bet your area has some great Large mouth Bass fishing holes Jon!

Quality parts/service providers in our hobby will always be busy (like yourself), but I know what you mean about things going wild recently. My business usually runs along at about 300%, but this year is running more like 500%. Meaning I am turning down 5 customers for every one that I agree to transport for. I have been trying to wind down over the last couple of years to do more fishing, golfing, car building, etc but it is tough to say no most of the time!

By the way, I was very impressed with the quality of parts in the kits you sent me for the dual carbs on my Nash! Now I just need some of that precious time in the shop to do them!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe