Thread: 1968 pontiac
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have 2 69 350HO convertibles and searched for years to find an automatic XC code 350 block. After failing to find it, I finally decided to just go with a 400 and that's what's in it now. The other one (4-speed) I found a WN bare block and paid $500 for it plus shipping (15 years ago). On a whim, I searched "all of Craigslist" for a WN engine and found one. The guy told me he forgot he placed that ad and we negotiated a deal for the complete engine (10 years ago) for about $1K. #48 heads, carb and a blown head gasket. In hindsight, while having a numbers correct engine is cool, the car you put it in will never be numbers matching, so it's not worth doing for a ton of money. Even so, I would guess a running 68 350HO 4-speed block would fetch at least $3K on eBay, but it may take some time. You'll have to drain the oil and put it in a crate, but shipping it is your best bet to sell it. Do you have access to a loading dock? If so, it makes shipping much cheaper. I used the loading dock from my old job to deliver parts and having the forklift there makes it easy. Someone out there really wants this engine.