View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 02:40 PM

Thank guys for the info, heading back up there next Sept.

The Toad Hall Classic Sports Car Museum was very interesting. I showed up and it took a few minutes to find the entrance, I pulled in the wrong driveway. I walked up to the door with the lit open sign and all the lights were out even though the door was wide open. After a few minutes, a guy came around the corner, and was yelling at kids playing in the yard while turning on the lights. Very interesting collection, nothing new or in museum shape, but 'driver' cars as he explained while still yelling at the kids and turning on more lights. He said they all run, but you can tell they have not moved in many many years, about half have flat tires, one has shredded tires on it which was weird. All the cars are red, some came red, some were painted as some time. Don't be misunderstood, this is a very nice collection of cars. Its the building and the conditions that are the problem. As I walked around for about 1 1/2 hours, the guy said I could open the doors and get in the cars, open any of the hoods, and had too interesting comments. No. 1 was that the owner of the collection was too hammered to come out and show me around, I was there just after noon. No.2, he pointed in the direction of the two Lotus's in the back (attached pic of the car he was referring too), said one of them (one on the left) was on the set of Pretty Woman movie, but was painted after the purchase, then 10 minutes later said it may have or may not have been on the movie set, LOL. So to the building, odd entrance, I had to duck to enter. It looks like the building held a certain amount of cars, and as he added more cars, they just cobbled new additions to the existing 'building'. The roof leaks, it was leaking and it hadn't rained in a few days. There is BATT insulation falling off the roof/ceiling joists, where walls meet lower roof, you can look out of the building, there are holes in the exterior walls that they just patched with scrap wood and the entire floor is gravel and dirt. Considering the weather on the Cape during the winters, the leaking roofs, walls with holes, the wind, it is amazing the good condition there cars are in. Someone needs to come in and purchase the whole collection and save these cars and the car memorabilia hung on the walls.

If your in the area, please go and stop in and see these classic sports cars before they rot into the earth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211119_141648[1].jpg
Views:	154
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	578437   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211119_141718.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	578438   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211119_142117.jpg
Views:	179