Thread: 73LS9TA Updates
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 07:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Success!

Finally got the clean bill of health from House of Boost today! In going over the engine with a fine tooth comb, they found several ‘little’ issues that could have easily become ‘big’ issues. One by one, they identified and corrected everything and had a lengthy dyno session this afternoon. Car performed flawlessly over the course of a half a dozen back to back pulls. Cooling system kept up, fuel delivery kept up, and no more mystery shut down after WOT. Car made 560 hp at the tires, which ‘estimates’ to 660 at the crank with a 15% driveline drag figure for the manual trans. These guys said the 9” Ford in the DSE Q-Link always soaks up a bit more power than the smaller, lighter independent rear in the comparable C6 ZR1 Vettes, so she may be closer to 675 at the crank. That makes sense - stock is 638 at the crank and I have a 3” catless exhaust with turn downs at the axle as opposed to tail pipes. I’m sure there were 25 or so extra ponies in the exhaust and cleaning up the tune a bit. I should get the car back tomorrow and if they post videos of the dyno pulls, I will post a couple of links.