View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The valve seal issue happened in 2012. I pulled the heads, had the shop fix the guides, put new seals on, cleaned it out as best I could, put it back together and have been running it sense. Clearly the damage was done. Knowing what I know now, I should have pulled the engine back then.

The last incarnation was pretty stock - unported #16 heads, Lunati 702 Voodoo HFT, matching springs, 1.65 stamped rockers, '68 cast iron intake, '68 Q-jet, HO manifolds. 2.5" exhaust, 3.55 posi, TH400 w/13" Continental stall.

The bottom end currently has stock rods, ARP rod bolts, ARP studs, dished Ross pistons and a stock crank.

This all started because I was going to refresh the top end with the following:

Ram Air II heads
Kauffmann hydraulic roller 224/230 .502/.510 112
1.5 roller rockers
'68 Q-Jet
Repro '69 Ram Air IV intake
HO manifolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Yeah, while I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to find or wanted to hear from others, when something like this starts it usually ends up going down a rabbit hole LOL

Probably the next worry will be how long the wait is to get the parts you want.
Yep, it's a slippery slope but it always pays to do things right. It took me over 3 months to get the new cam from Kauffmann and now I'm not sure I'm even going to use it. Reminds me of the phrase you see a lot on for sale parts "Going in a different direction..."

No rush on any of this work. We're only working against my wife's patience of having an immobile car to dance around in the garage.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)

Last edited by Verdoro 68; 01-14-2022 at 02:29 PM.