Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Jon. I sold several of my older John Deere tractors to make room for the new one. This included the 212, 318 and 455. I still have one 318 left (plow duty only) and a X740 with a 62" deck for mowing. It's by far and above the best mower I've ever owned or used and at 2000hrs it's barely broke-in.

I've narrowed it down to John Deere or Kubota, just haven't decided on which model. I know the John Deere will be more expensive than all the others, but I wished I was getting more tractor for the extra money spent. Even though they are assembled in the USA the John Deere Sub Compact and Compact tractors share just about the same components as the less expensive off brand models.

It appears that most of them are made in South Korea or at least most of the components to build them come from the same sources I.

The biggest reason I just didn't drop the hammer on a John Deere was their proprietary mounting system for the loader. I want the more universal skid steer set-up so I can buy add-ons at a fraction of the cost of the John Deere stuff.

I already know the tractor will be top shelf in that market.....

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),