Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

We have three acres of which I mow probably 1 3/4-2 acres, and I have a Kubota BX2380 with a front loader and a box blade and a gravely zero turn mower. IMO even the little bx2380 is too heavy to mow a yard with; the zero turn is best for that and will do it twice as fast as the tractor. BX1880 and 2680 are identical to the 2380 just different hp engines. The BX tractors will do anything larger tractors will do you just have to take smaller bites; also any implement they make for the big tractors Kubota or someone else makes for the little BX machines. The book says to get the 2380 or 2680 instead of the 1880 because of the pto hp rating. I wish I had gotten a B series instead of the BX because of one feature and that is the control which lowers and raises the three point hitch. On the B and larger Kubota tractors the three point hitch control has numbers to indicate height and they are repeatable; putting the lever on 2, or whatever number, will put the box blade , or whatever implement you are hooked up to, at the same height every time, where on the BX series you have to turn in the seat and look back as you raise or lower the lever. There may be other features on the B which are better than the BX but the three point hitch control is the main one for me. A B is also a little bigger than a BX series so has a slightly larger bucket, box blade, etc. and weighs a little more. Watch craigslist and you may find whatever brand and size tractor you decide on with very low hours and save a little $$. As far as Kubota I am sold on them. There is a railroad, I forget which one, that has 17,000 hours I think it is on a bunch of BX size Kubotas. My neighbors on both sides of me have older Kubotas that they leave outside and they nerver fail them no matter what they decide to do with them