Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have owned and operated 10 different John Deere's from 25 hp to 90 hp. Have friends with Kubota and Kioti.
My quick thoughts are this. Make Darn sure you have a dealer NEARBY that Can and Will get you parts in a timely fashion.
My Buddy has modern kioti snowblower for a Utility tractor down for a driveshaft and its been a month .. so far..just the part.
And its middle of Wintah.
Kubota puts valve stem protectors on the wheels, which others do not do. Thats huge if your doing any Skidding logs.
A 3 series John Deere WITHOUT a mid mount PTO has a LARGE amount of ground clearance, and more if you upgrade rear tires to 43's.
The D and E versions are very competitively priced and hold their value well. Easy to upgrade things on them too, like arm rests, etc.
3035D with a self leveling loader would probably fit you well. Has superior pulling power as its Not a hydro. There could be great options in Kubota this size too. No, the loader doesn't come off the JD 3 D and E series, , but who really does that ?, The Buckets do come off easily.
Tightest turning radius of ANY comparable tractor.
Quick remove Bucket on ANY is a must for switching to Pallet forks or a Grapple, etc.
Having used these to make money in the past, the Biggest issue that kept me green was Parts availability, and good dealer.
Would easily consider Kubota with same parts and dealer attributes
Foot note: The JD Utility tractors keep their load closer to the tractor and when the loader is down they are WAY shorter and take up less room that Both the others.
FN 2: A Self leveling loader usually has a higher load capacity and will keep your forks LEVEL as you lift....They are more money, but you can get them on less expensive ( Green and orange) tractors now .
Be happy to talk to you on any of this, not talk you into anything. , Bruce

Last edited by Formulabruce; 01-15-2022 at 09:33 PM.