View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 2 barrel performance.

Our '67 LeMans has cruise control. It's not operational. I have every component, widget and fastener for it, in a box. The reason for this is that the previous owner replaced the original '67 326 2 barrel with a 400 4 barrel out of some random '74. I've been installing the system bit by bit. I had to install the transducer to get the speedo cables hooked up to it.
One important and proprietary part is the little lever that connects to any old factory '67 2 barrel carb. I've searched high and low for one for a 4 barrel carb, but no luck. They had them for the Carter or Rochester, but I've not seen one outside the assembly manual. So if I want the cool factor of cruise control, then I'm running a 2 barrel.
Is it even worth putting in anything other than the very best 326 engne that I can? I was thinking of dropping in a 400, possibly the Len Williams long block. His engine purportedly has 385hp. I'm thinking that a 4 barrel will go WWAAAAHH, and a 2 barrel will go wwaaaaahh. I'm torn between which I want more. Originality or performance. Your thoughts.