View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can anyone explain for me the HF vs XE 14x6" steel wheels that both seem to be purported in this thread as being for a 1970 GTO?

(I am currently adding info from this thread to my wordpad file on steel wheels)

In my 14x6" steel wheel section, I moved the HF & XE wheels up, and have a description for them, but the following codes are ones I have noted as not currently having any application information:

CC, CZ, EM, EZ, FC, FM, HG, HH, HK, JJ, MH, R, XF(*), XJ, YB, Z6

* = I figured this was a typo on someone's part, and figured maybe the person who wrote this as a 14x6" code, meant to write XE.

The 14x7" steel wheels I have identified on my list are XT, IF, CL, EM, UC TB (I have examples of all but the first one);
I have the following codes as possible 14x7" wheels with no application information:

XG, JZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
... In the wheel stacks, I have an AU coded 14x6, am also trying to figure what it came off of. ...
If you accidentally reversed those characters, I may be able to help;
I have noted that there was a UA coded 14x6" steel wheel, I have written that this code was used on was 1975+ F-body.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)

Last edited by unruhjonny; 01-19-2023 at 07:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post: