View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 03:21 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
Law also provides a provision for "Fair Use" of copyright material.

Fair Use of Copyrighted Material

Fair use is the right to use a copyrighted work under certain conditions without permission of the copyright owner. The doctrine helps prevent a rigid application of copyright law that would stifle the very creativity the law is designed to foster.

The fair use defense is now codified in Section 107 of the Copyright Act. The statutory formulation is intended to carry forward the fair use doctrine long recognized by the courts. The statute provides that fair use of a work “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use, scholarship, or research)” is not an infringement of copyright.

One important consideration is whether the use in question advances a socially beneficial activity like those listed in the statute: criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. Other important considerations are whether the use is commercial or noncommercial and whether the use is “transformative.” Noncommercial use is more likely to be deemed fair use than commercial use.

I think you're covered by the Fair Use Clause.
My intent is: Not to make money off the TEACHING/ "Passing On" of Historical Information.

If the Information, Sent to me legally by Rochester Products, (to allow me to configure a Historical vehicle for the Henry Ford Museum to make it correct) then based off of the Fair Use Statute of the law I would assume that means I could Teach other people in the Pontiac Tri-Power Community how to identify
if they have a properly calibrated set of carburetors on their vehicle.

That was the intent, just like in the Holley Thread.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.