View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

Joe,
I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I like the photo you guys took at Pastiener's Auto Zone Book Store in front of the Judge. We meet every Saturday morning at that location next to the EmbroidMe. I took care of that Judge for over 15 years. It is also the Judge that is mentioned in Jim Wangers' "Glory Days" Introduction paragraph in the books Introduction Chapter with me driving the car. I took on many unsuspecting so called Muscle cars in past Dream Cruises with that Judge. Even with Jim on board. I guess they didn't understand the Royal Bobcat emblem on the sail panel and Drag Radials on the rear... LOL
This is the first time I've been back on this Forum in a while. It is too bad you were not able to join us, Jim Wangers, Dave Anderson, Jack "Doc" Watson, and several other Pontiac cars and personalities on the Tuesday at Temple Isreal's "Dream Cruise Warm Up". It is a good thing I took the "Wangers" Judge out of storage the Tuesday morning so you could spot Jim. Or was it the smell of the clutch that Dave keeps resting his foot on that got your attention?
Dream Cruise day, Saturday, the Royal Pontiac Club along with the "Wangers" '69 Judge, GeeTO Tiger, the '68 Blackbird and 55 other Royal Pontiac member cars were parked along Woodward Ave just south of 15 Mile Rd in Birmingham. You could have parked with us.
This year, 2011 the Royal Pontiac Club will be parking at Jim Fresard Buick GMC, which is the dealership that Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac became approx. 1971. The dealership is no longer at the 400 N. Main St. just north of 11 Mile Rd in Royal Oak. It is now located on Woodward Ave just north of 8 Mile Rd in Ferndale. Two club members have had their cars on display in Fresard's show room. A black '62 Grand Prix 421 Tri-Power 4 speed Bobcat and a 1967 triple black GTO 421 Royal Bobcat convertible.