View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Senior Chief

Default Update

It has been a little while but I am always progressing slowly.

My wife had a baby not long after we bought the car. He was born Dec 10th 2012 and we named him Rocco. Funny that he like the car is a 2nd week December build just 40 years apart.
Build Date 12B LOL. We have a second on the way this July. I hope their is no fighting over the car over the years.

I have slowly been disassembling and trying to catalogue all the parts. Nuts and Bolts Included and theirs a lot of them. Guards are off. I am close to seperating the Sub frame and Making up a dolly to move the car around on.

The Rear Quarters are in Nice shape with some small pitting in the lower quarters. I have cleaned them up for now and primed for the time being until I get the car Sand Blasted or Chemically stripped. I haven't really decided on what process is best but I know the sand finds its way in every little place it possibly can and will be a nightmare to remove. Their is some rust in the front windscreen/roof area which was under the moulding and this will need attention but other than that the car is sound. The heater area on the cowl needs some small areas repaired from the RHD Conversion but that is the worst of it really.

I have also sourced an LS2 intake and it is on its way. It will arrive by the end of the month and will compliment the SD Heads and SD Carb. My Top end is complete of the Major components. Most likely use the Reproduction aluminium exhaust manifolds as the cast ones are usually cracked from what I have learnt. When the intake arrives I will post some photos.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-28 16.19.09.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	352102   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030626.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	352103   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030624.jpg