Thread: Vintage Air
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 03:19 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76TA462 View Post
Thanks for the update. I’m sorting out the VA stuff and when I eventually do this, I also will opt out of the compressor (VA advice) because I need the March brackets in my case, and March sells a nice polished compressor. Also trying to find pictures on the web of the second gen kick panel with VA but no luck on my first quick attempt. Off topic now. A couple winters ago I swapped out my OEM disc and drum set-up with the Wilwood six piston 12.88-inch rotors up front, and four piston 12.19-inch in back. Very happy. Due to vacuum, I also opted for the Vintage Reaper hyrdoboost system with Wilwood master and proportioning valve. Again, very happy and awesome braking. Not dishing the OEM brakes though, just wanted improved braking performance.
That is interesting...I chose the EXACT same diameter rotors, front and rear, but the rear calipers in my case are also 6 piston, and I chose to keep my Wilwood master cylinder manual brakes, because I believe they have more feedback and are easier to modulate. Power brakes are too much like a light switch to me. That is for my Roadrunner.
The Wilwoods on the GTO are definitely 4 piston, probably 12.19 but I will have to look again.
Good luck!