View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
I think the conversion rag joint for early steering shafts to the later boxes end up being from like a 78-82 C10 or something like that. I did the same when I put the IROC box in my Firebird. There is a Hot Rod magazine article floating around out there that has the info.

On car-part.com who had the tested used boxes for $50? To my knowlege, that site just links you up with salvage yards in the area you select.

FWIW the reman gear in my 67 works great, but the input shaft leaks. Super annoying, If I had it to do over I would just grab a wrecking yard box.
Yes, car-part.com is just a huge internet junk yard. But there was one yard that had 6-8 of them for $50.00. The notes said "tested" I have no real idea what that means. If I bought a wrecking yard one, I would just rebuild it before installing it. They are really simple to rebuild. All you need is a service manual, inch pound torque wrench, a 8" piece of wood dowel rod and some basic hand tools. Once cleaned, it's an hour job on the bench.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: