View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
At near $50K, I would never have bid on that car without seeing it in the flesh. Wrong engine, wrong interior, wrong wheels, etc. And even worse, a seller who was either unable or unwilling to provide more details and specifics on the car and its parts, but was full of wildly huckster-ish claims.
I've tried contacting the seller several times hoping to go see it since I'm local, but got no response.

If it were out of state, I probably wouldn't have bothered bidding.

Quote:
The body looked solid in the resto pics, and if the paint job was REALLY good, it was probably a fair deal. But the pictures provided weren't sufficient to evaluate paint surface quality, and in the images the color looked too light. Could just be the images, though.
I liked what I saw in the photos and if the car was close that, I would've been satisfied, but again, I would've had to eyeball it myself before exchanging any funds...

Quote:
That's odd - I don't think they would block you for being a first time bidder. Plenty of cars have sold to first time bidders. I would definitely follow up with them to get an answer.
Wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on that car, either

BAT actually reached out to me after removing the comments I made a few hours after the auction ended.

According to them, everything was working on their end, but somehow my local clock was out of sync with their server's clock (I have no idea what that means as I'm a puter idjit)

I guess they removed my comments to avoid any conflict with the seller

I mean, it would suck if it was in fact a system error that caused them to lose a few grand, but it was most likely some goof up on my end

Sent them a link to my screen recording and asked if I would still be able to contact the seller (the click to contact link disappeared after the auction ended), but no response yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	569557