View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleW66GTO View Post
Hey guys I don't know how much it helps in determining how many were made and/or sold but here is a pic of the s/n and other #s that were on the underside of the BG intake. It says mine is S/n 202.
I actually have owned three of the Barry Grant Tri-Power (Holley/Demon carb bolt pattern) intake manifolds.
The first two runs had casting issues and by the third casting run they had the issues worked out.

The very first BG Prototype 6 shooter intake was run on a Butler engine in the late 2005 model year.
I firmly believe BGTECH was Barry Grant.

If you do a search on BGTECH in the search engine on the PY Board you will find a lot of discussion on the intakes.

BGTECH told me they made 3 runs of the intake:
I believe the first run intakes were engraved with a 100 starting number.
The 3rd intake in the run would be 103.

The second run would start with 200 and the third run with 300.
My 3rd run intake is engraved 340 or the 40 intake in that run.
My 3rd run intake was later ported by Dave Wilcox.

DaleW66GTO, your intake would have been the 2nd intake of the second run.

There is lots of conversation between BGTECH (Barry Grant) and the PY members. One PY member actually calls him Barry in his thread.

So I do not believe they ever made over 200 2nd run intakes or over 300 third run intakes as you are proposing.

I was told the number was less than 100 total for all 3 runs with the 3rd run being the largest.

Like I have posted do a search on "BGTECH" and enjoy.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.