View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtobird View Post
Did you go with the greaseable energy supension bushings that have the zerk fittings on the brackets or not? I think those are more of a recent invention, but maybe not.

Since you brought it up, I'm going to replace my gearbox eventually. What year gearbox did you use and were there any issues with the stops? I've got a 76 TA box laying around that I was thinking about using but other folks have said it's better to just have the original rebuilt to a better ratio.

Thanks for the input

My sway bar bushing brackets do have the zerk. My steering box and sway bar are from a 1978 model T/A. I had the box rebuilt by a place named Power Steering Services. (I believe since closed). They took the Firebird stops out as part of whatever they did. Talk to whomever is going to rebuild your box and I'm sure they can coach you. If your original box can be updated to whatever ratio suits you, I'd consider that.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.