View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:02 PM
Suspended

Mike said:

"The Heat from those valves sinking into the Head and then Block and into the Engine compartment is most of my problem. Since I have not installed those seats, I feel lucky that I got past Vapor lock and under hot hood temps., at all."

Mikes Proof:

When it comes to engine cooling, the radiator is kind of a showoff. It sits right up front, catching the best breeze, dominating the conversation. And when it erupts in a cloud of coolant and steam, everyone knows about it.

"However, the engine valves (particularly the exhaust valves) shouldn’t be overlooked for the role they play in keeping an engine cool. The exhaust valves take 75 percent of the heat from the combustion chamber and the valve seats have the responsibility of helping to cool them off by drawing heat away from the valves and conducting it into the cylinder head".

Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
Why do you disagree about the exhaust seats? Can you explain how exhaust seats cause or contribute to over heating or vapor lock? Those heads exhaust seats are just not hardened for unleaded fuel, changing to hardened seats, from what the heads have now, will make zero difference in how hot the under hood or engine temps. are. Same goes for Using the splash shields over the A-frames.

78w72, Was just explaining, that valve seats have nothing to do with vapor lock or overheating. Mike said: Something like he was going to change the exhaust seats & "can you imagine all the heat those valves are sending into the heads & block"... that's not how that works. Those heads have non- hardened exhaust seats, if they haven't been changed to run on unleaded gas. Changing to hardened valve seats won't have any effect on heat from the engine. I was asking mike to explain his statement, but now Mike doesn't have the answers...: confused:

MIKE SAID SEE POST # 171 FOR URL, EXPLAINS WHY!

People after reading this URL above, you can make your own determination about what Exhaust Valves Temp, range has to do with Hot under the Hood Temps.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 05-02-2022 at 09:51 PM.