View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default A Christmas Story Concerning My Deceased Wife Bobbie

I was hesitant to tell you guys this story but I am. 2 weeks before Christmas on Monday I received a card addressed to my wife from a long time friend of hers,Dave. They always talk at Christmas. He had dated her before me. So googled his number and called him just by chance got him.Told him what happened. He was devastated. We talked. He told me stories that I didnt know but one I did. They had dated before me. He bought an Golden Retriever puppy. Bobbie named it 'Sunshine'. So I hung up. That Saturday I was going to a Christmas Party with a Catholic Alumni club where I met her 45 years ago. She joked all the time, as soon as she passed, I would be back at the club looking for 2 Italian sisters we knew. Anyway Saturday comes, i go visit her at the grave site before the party. Telling her where I'm going that night. I hear someone say ,'come on' .I started walking away from the grave, a Golden Retriever comes up to me 'licks my hand' i pet him,he again 'licks my hand' then runs off with a man. I never saw them since or before. Coincidence?? I'm not sure, what are the chances at that particular time on that date would I meet up with a Golden Retriever? I'm humbled by this event in my life.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post: