View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
Scott65 - would you be willing to summarize the parts and how you mounted crank trigger / cam position sensor?
Absolutely! I used a 36-1 trigger wheel from DIY Autotune. Had to find a spot for the sensor to mount. When I had that, I figured out where I needed tooth 1 to end up in relation to the balancer holes that mount the crank pulley. Then I took it to a machine shop to have the bolt pattern accurately drilled, and the hole for the snout bored. It needs to be precise, as little runout as possible. There are pictures of this earlier in this thread. For the cam sensor, I decided to use a half moon style that utilizes a "polled" logic in the ecu. It was explained that that method syncs faster, and I can say now from experience it syncs very quickly. There are also pictures of this earlier in this thread as well. The sensors are "tabbed" hall sensors from DIY Auto tune as well. I am using the MS3 Pro Ultimate ECU. There are cheaper versions of MS that will do sequential fuel and spark. But this will definitely grow with my abilities. It will do things I don't even understand. Falls under the "do it once" deal for me... The coils are LS logic level truck coils. MS won't drive coils that don't have a built in ignitor without adding an ignitor. These can be driven directly. I got them off eBay with the wiring harness for $70. They all worked, thankfully. Any other questions feel free.

Last edited by Scott65; 04-21-2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Addition