View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 10:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428goat View Post
Always did a frame off but if you have the time and patience I think it could be done. 14 body and 2 core support mounts. 64/67 first would try and see if I can loosen all the body mount bolts including the core support.if you can’t get them loose then you will have some work to do.
Take the rear shocks off the rear end so you don’t have to fight with that when you raise the body. I would also take the rag joint off the steering column. Also there are bolts that go from the front inner wheel well to the firewall. Do one side at a time. Loose one side a couple of turns and the other side remove all of them. See if you can jack up one side enough to remove the old mounts. The rear one over the rear end will not be easy to get out. The front fender will have to be raised a little also.
I might be wrong with some of this info. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I didn't even think about the shocks and inner fender bolts, glad I asked the question. I have been able to loosen all the bolts expect the 2 at the firewall, I need to get a spanner on them as they are spinning.
thanks for the helpful info, please keep it coming.