View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 12:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1 View Post
It took 3 months plus 1 week to get but it finally got here today:

Art acquired and sent everything I should need including a Lokar throttle bracket specifically made for the Edelbrock ProFlo 4 and a Lokar TV cable.

I got a few things done few days while I've been waiting for the transmission to get here.
Figured out a way to mount my coil. The original bracket won't work with the Edelbrock intake. I found something cheap that worked perfectly. It's a #4 rigid conduit holder. I used one to mount the fuel filter on the frame rail too. I've used them on a few other cars in the past too but never for a coil. I bet no one ever notices it's not an automotive part.

I also did a failed test with the Parchment vinyl dye paint that I bought from Ames in order to paint my new headrests to match my interior. I talked to Ames on phone about the match before I bought the cans and they guy said even though they make the paint to match the PUI brand of interior I should be able to match the Legendary as well. Well no. It's not really even close. Just way too yellow. So, I did what I should have done in the first place and call the place Legendary recommends called Kolor Korrect. The woman I talked to was very helpful in knew all the answers. Expensive though. $280 but it is guaranteed to match. I ordered pints instead of spray cans. She says if you are a painter, the pints are a better way to go. She also confirmed my choice. Legendary is hands down the better quality interior versus PUI.

I installed the ARP stainless bolts for the intake manifold and the valve covers. I did get the new valve covers from Ames but I decided not to put them on now. Better to wait until one of the last things to avoid getting any scratches in them. I neatened up the spark plug wire routing too. I also installed a new Milodon 180 thermostat.

Tomorrow I plan to bolt up the transmission to the engine. I figured I should read all the instructions that Art sent first so I will do that this evening. My wife did help me lift the transmission over the frame rail and onto the transmission jack. Good to go but I will need to raise the frame up a bit to get the engine high enough.

Hey Roger, I’m curious which level Art Carr 200r4 you went with. It looks like you got one with the bop bolt pattern so you don’t need the adapter plate. Do you know if 200r4 requires and ‘massaging’ of the floor pan/braces? Thanks and keep up the stellar work!