View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 04:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
not sure how long ago you used one, just wanted to reply to your comment that they are pieces of crap or barely acceptable, & if by chance you do get one thats defective or has a fitment issue at all, they have a warranty & will replace it for free.
This would've been 3 years ago I believe.
I replaced the sending unit first(can't recall who I got it from, but not Spectra) and it fit in the OEM tank just fine. When I decided I was never going to get the old tank 100% clean(had sat for probably 15 years and there was a lot of rust on the inside), I replaced it with the new Spectra. Like I said, the tank fit well in the truck, but when I tried to re-install the sending unit, the fit was quite sloppy. I ended up tweaking the lock ring a fair bit to secure the sending unit firmly in the new tank. Even then it didn't fit quite as tight as it had in the original tank. But, it was tight enough that it didn't appear to leak after I altered the lock ring.