View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So, been about 7 hours since the last coat, went down and checked them and they look great (to me). I had them left lying flat like I painted them ... but nearby there was a dehumidifier that keeps air moving so fortune favored me there.

On the Lid I have three coats of paint and clear, on the valance two each. I'm going to order another couple quarts of paint and clear soon as possible to make sure I have enough and so I will have some paint left to mix with the new paint.

You guys would probably laugh at the paint ... but after 30 years of looking at that body in primer and rust ... the parts look beautiful me every time I see them

I was definitely trying for "wet look" coats .... the valance that turned out the best was the part I had worried didn't have enough paint on it. I live in fear of dry coats on horizontal surfaces and runs on vertical surfaces. Can't wait to try out the new techniques. Will be doing the hood last (next spring) so hopefully by the time I get to that most visible large surface I'll be better at it.

Last edited by dataway; 08-28-2021 at 02:44 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dataway For This Useful Post: