Thread: Hydroboost
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Not sure what I said is worth getting triggered over ...
Not triggered. Perfectly calm and rational. Just didn't believe you were giving the Hydroboost a fair shake is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Heavy, well, that system I sold I shipped, and as I recall it was like 45lbs. That's enough to make any drag racer type wince.
And now I know you aren't giving it a fair shake. 17.8lbs. That's what an actual Hydroboost unit weighs. If it's replacing an existing power brake booster, that's an offset of 9.8lbs. Does the car have power steering? If it does there's zero weight increase there. The weight of the hoses are negligible, but if someone has an actual weight... Thus far, this little math exercise says we're looking at a total weight increase of... [drum roll please] eight whole pounds.

To put that into perspective, we're talking about a little more than a gallon of gasoline. For a very noticeable change in braking. Speaking of hardcore drag racers, they hate caliper drag and quick ratio steering, but love pizza cutters and wrinklewalls. I suspect you're really aren't arguing in good faith.