View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car has very little rust because it lived in TN, I bought it graduation day from high school in 1976, in TN. I only drove it about one year in NY. I think most of the rust came from when I was stationed in FL and for some reason liked to drive it in the surf at Daytona. Probably all the actually rust penetration on the car would add up to be the size of your palm.

I don't have a stud welder, what I have been doing is welding on a short piece of TIG rod, grabbing that with a pair of vice grips I modified with an adapter for my slide hammer.

I'll leave this for filler then. My objective here is to get all the metal work in condition for epoxy primer, not necessarily to make things a finished product now, but to be good enough I'm not removing any primer down to bare metal later ... if I can avoid that.

Can't wait to try a shrinking disc, I have some areas that are like jelly bean size highs and lows that I just can't make much sense of and I don't have access to the back. Hoping a disk will take down at least the highs.

Any tips for using a disc? I assume no lubricant of any kind, clean metal only? How much pressure compared to say grinding.

Last edited by dataway; 06-15-2021 at 02:30 PM.