View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I run the Radium Engineering damper on both Holley EFI installs on our cars.

They are a pinch on the bulky side so they can be a challenge to hide or obscure.

From what I understand on how they work, and my short experience with them, they do work best closer to the injectors to dampen that pulsing affect they cause.

I'm not familiar with that particular Holley Sniper that you have with an internal regulator, I run Stealth units on both of ours that use an external regulator so my plumbing is a bit different. But if I'm not mistaken you could possibly loop the 2 unused ports in the front with the damper in between. Whether or not your air cleaner would fit over that would be another obstacle.

Another option since you basically have the inlet fuel line deadheaded to the unit. I also deadhead the Sniper Stealth units as that is how they are advertised to install so you can keep a "stealth" single fuel line coming up to the Sniper. I simply have my regulator hidden low behind the engine with a return line from there, keeping a stock appearance up top.

Anyway what I did in that instance was install the damper right at the fuel line inlet. Being a dual inlet I have the option of putting it in the line before the dual feed, or anywhere in between the dual feed, as long as it's close to the injectors. Once the air cleaner is installed you can't see it.
In your case it would be right at the inlet of your feed line. It would require a few fittings and re-bending that feed line to accommodate it. More work but it would be behind everything and less obvious.

I don't have any good pictures of how I did it but could take some. Being a Stealth unit I'm not sure it would help anyway but I'd still be interested in what you figure out.
If the pulse dampener needs to be closer to the throttle body, the the simplest and most compact solution would be to run a direct mount pulse dampener directly to one of the front throttle body ports (through a couple 90 degree adaptors to get it below the air cleaner). The downside to this option is that I'd have to buy another pulse dampener (the one I'm currently running is the in-line version) and an adaptor or two. I'd go with this option if I were more sure that I could use the empty ports on the front of the throttle body this way.

My other options involve remaking the lines. Not the end of the world, but I'm not the best at bending 1/2" line and I end up wasting a lot of material (and time) before I'm satisfied.