View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
Instructions say that the fuel pressor sensor is supposed to go near the tank...if it's close to the throttle body the controller ends up chasing slight changes in pressure from the injectors opening and closing. Though I may move it tomorrow and see what happens.
That's interesting. How can a fuel pressure sensor ensure proper fuel pressure at all times at the engine where it's needed if it's way back at the tank?

Like I mentioned, I have no experience with these GM pump setups. I assume they are pressure regulated back at the tank and your sensor is obviously back there too.

I've always plumbed a car with a regulator as close to the carb, or EFI unit, as possible with a full length return line to ensure accurate fuel pressure regulation is at the source that feeds the engine. It removes the possibility of other potential feed issues that can arise running a dead headed line 25 feet through the car. That's a lot of line with injector pulsation. Maybe it matters or maybe it doesn't. Other guys that run dead head systems that have more experience with EFI may be able to comment. Scott???

I know many guys don't want to run another line for what ever reason but it keeps the dead headed portion of the line at the EFI unit very short. I'm guessing much easier to control injector pulsations. Not to mention keeps cool fuel circulating at all times close to the engine, something I've found beneficial living in Arizona.

That's how I plumb mine anyway and with the Radium dampener, and a short 2 foot run of deadhead line from the regulator to the EFI unit, the pressure is rock steady.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE