View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Does the vaporworx use a second input besides fuel pressure? Map or tps, or maybe rpm? I studied their stuff briefly, but don't remember now. My general take away is that returnless is the most difficult way to go for a retro fit. And though my most desirable way to go would be closed loop PWM returnless, I've avoided it because I can't find a way that seems like it would work well in my retrofit application. I hope the OP can get it sorted and report back what works.
The controller can be set up for constant pressure (using the fuel pressure sensor) or MAP referenced via 2 wires (controller can be tuned for different MAP sensors). My understanding is that MAP referenced may be somewhat better with large injectors because it allows duty cycles of the injectors to be increased at idle and cruise. The Sniper has what I think are big injectors (100psi), and so it's possible that going with MAP referenced could reduce the degree to which the controller chases injector pulses from opening and closing. However, there are no MAP output wires on the Sniper, and even if some could be re-configured, I suspect the sensor is there just for atmospheric pressure. The system should work well with constant pressure. Carl said he and his design partner are working on a solution for me. Though today I may try moving one of the dampers to the tee where the fuel pressure sensor is. Another thought is extending the fuel pressure sensor on the tee away from the tank...the extra line may dampen the pulses