View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Daily Driver Body Wanted

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with enuff finances to race my '68 Bracket Bird, regularly.

But, I can operate a daily driver. So, I'm considering selling(or trading) my Bird for a CLEAN Pontiac, that I can use to build a decent street/strip car. For now, it'll have to be mostly street.

I can't get into a big complete resto build. So, I need a good clean, fairly rust free car, that needs very little body work, other than paint. The condition of the engine does not matter. I have a good 455. But it would be nice if it had a Pontiac V8 of some sort. That would make it easier to install my 455.

I'll only have about $10k max, to spend on the entire project. So, I don't need some rare valuable model. My 1st choice would be a '69, '71, or '72 Tempest, Lemans, T-37, or GT-37. OR, a '77-'78 non T/A Bird.

BUT, since clean examples of these are probably out of my range, I'll consider other less desirable models. The 1st that comes to mind is a '75-'77 Ventura. Of course, all these cars must be 2-doors, with no vinyl roof.

The next choice is a '78-'81 Phoenix, Lemans, Grand Am, Catalina, or Bonneville. I've just started looking at online pics of some of these models. So, I may find others to add, later on. I'm not in a big hurry. I'm gonna take my Bird to the track, when the weather cools off down here, so I can tell would-be buyers(or traders) what it'll do. I assume it'll run mid 7's or a hair quicker, on our local 1/8 mile track.

This '79 Lemans belonged to Don Himes. This is sorta the look I'm after, with the '78-'81 models. Any help locating the right car will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'79  301  Don Himes.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	436746  

Last edited by ponyakr; 09-15-2016 at 12:31 AM.