View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 05:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pypes vs bender....

Hi fellas:

Finally got the "new" t/a on the road and one of the first odors of business is to fix the exhaust leaks.

Took her down to the local muff shop and the guy was drunk at 8am (reminded me of dad) in 2022 so I knew immediately who I was dealing with.

Put the car on the lift and basically the entire dual aftermarket system is rotten from the headers back. For reasons unknown, he wanted me to order the Pypes system vs bending his own system. I thought this was strange as Pypes is basically lego compared to how much he could charge me to bend something.

I had always planned to replace my old t/a exhaust with Pypes as the prices seem reasonable and "designed" to fit the car. There isn't much clarence under the t/a and I'm concerned about true duals bottoming out on our sh*tty roads. The better I can tuck it up there the better off I will be before I can afford to upgrade her suspension system.

Any experience with Pypes good or bad? Should I approach a different shop to have a system made (to mate with my older headers)?

Thanks!