View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 03:48 PM
Senior Chief

That model 292 is 4" deep, and would not fit in the 3" max space I have available for my 70 Roadrunner.
Right now, I'm going to install the 17" flex fan, the factory radiator, and go drive the car. The GTO Cold Case radiator dimensions are in the attached pic.
The first dual 12" Cold Case fan setup I can return for full credit. I'm stuck with the 16" electric fan because the vendor I bought $6K worth of stuff from says because it was trimmed (to fit tightly without gaps) and the wires cut to solder into my power and ground wires, I can't return it and he thinks it could be "a lean condition at highway speed or timing too far retarded" Never mind that the mechanical clutch fan did not cause the engine to run hot.
I'm going to write him one more email after I contact the manufacturer. If they won't refund my money, I am going to let him know I bought the fan he recommended and IT FAILED to work as promised, and my proof is the mechanical fan doesn't make the car overheat, therefore HE IS RESPONSIBLE for selling me a product unfit for the purpose indicated. If he still refuses to give me a refund, I will explore other options, and never buy anything from him again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200902-130806_Chrome.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	550417