View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455
Andrewb70- I can say from first hand experience, the ATS spindle updgrade with the C5/6 brakes were the best thing I ever did, hands down the best handling and driving setup I've had to date.

And your 100% correct on the OEM statement regarding time spent on programing, THOUGH, with some of the new systems, you can get pretty darn close to the same drivability, enough so to where it's not a noticable difference. It does take time & patience getting there, and there are shops with extensive experience that can cut that time to a fraction. Also consider when you start doing power adders or getting away from the factory config (heads, cam, etc), your going to have to change the OE settings anyway.

I think it's great that your chosing an alternative path by going with an LS, that's what this hobby is all about, right? They way YOU want it.
I hear what your saying about the various new EFI systems that are on the market. If I were to go much past the stock setup I would consider an aftermarket system, but this engine combo will be relatively mild.

Andrew