View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto4evr View Post
I'm not entirely convinced the stuff DOES ship from mulitple warehouses. I think there's an algorithm that expands the order for more ship locations simply to jump shipping costs up.

Late last year I was doing an exhaust job on my 71. I needed 2 mufflers, 4 clamps and 2 hangers.

at first I entered the order, for just the mufflers and clamps. gave me 2 ship points A and B. A was the two mufflers and B was all the clamps. Then I remembered the hangers and added them to the order. it changed the shipping to 3 locations, but now A was sending one muffler and all the clamps, B was sending the second muffler, and C was sending the hangers. I went back, deleted the hangers off the order and it returned to A sending both mufflers and B sending the clamps, added the hangers back on and it reshuffled to the 3 locations. it made no sense. A had both mufflers but NO clamps until I added the hangers. So magically A now doesn't have one muffler but they DO have the clamps now? So why didn't it just give me one shipping point in the beginning when it was just mufflers and clamps? I'm running into this more and more and it's getting to the point I don't like Rock Auto anymore. between the tax and triple shipping it's getting to the point I'd rather just spend 3 more dollars and buy it locally.

sorry, I guess that's just me bitching and not answering your question!
I have never seen anything like that!

I have many times over decided on what I'm buying based on shipping locations/cost;
I have gone as far as clicking multiple different items (same part/application) to see if any would come from the same "warehouse" as any other key parts I want to order...

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)