View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Congrats.

I even used one screen just for a large tach, which you can set yellow and red shift lights with. The yellow and red warning light deal is pretty cool too, used on anything you care to monitor.

Not sure what you mean about the oil pressure transducer. The Holley Super Sniper Stealths that we used on both cars comes with an extra harness and weather pack plug just for the extra transducers. So it was pretty much a plug and play deal once I connected the transducer wires on the other end. We run an extra transducer for fuel pressure and oil pressure so they both can be data logged and monitored. Surprised the Terminator X doesn't come with that....

Yeah the can to USB cable was a bummer as I knew before I even bought the kit I wanted to tune with my laptop. I ended up buying the split USB cable setup from Chris at EFI System Pro so I can plug the laptop in at the same time and still run the touch screen.
I saw that split thing. They were out of the canto usb cables so I ordered one from summit. It’s not here yet. I didn’t know I needed it until I opened my terminator box. The terminator has a Can 2 port so I’m not sure it needs the splitter.

As for the oil pressure plug, some Terminator kits come with it and some don’t. I don’t know why. Near as I can tell the LS kits get it and TBs don’t, but it may be more complicated than that. Scott and Chris at EFIsystems said to splice into the ground and 5v wires on the fuel pressure plug. Than run a new wire to pin A20.

I ran the a20 wire but I still have to splice into my fuel pressure plug, which sucks.

Do you need the laptop to ultimately set your gauge display how you want? With the shift light function and all, or can that be done on the HUD?

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports