View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 06:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
The radio looks very nice. What are your plans for it?
Hi G-Ham...Thanks for checking in...The radio is supposed to be functional - although I haven't bench tested it yet. Other than wanting the display to light-up it is really just to fill the hole.

I am planning on running audio through a small amp and bluetooth controller. I'm still working out speaker placements and how to hide them.

Quote:
What other things have you been working on/thinking about for your '64?
I've been working on the trim and peripherals a bit. Most recently I have tried to tackle the taillight housings. The car came with three (2 for one side and 1 for the other). I decided to experiment on the one in the worst shape.

Step one...removing the ugly old paint. It was pretty tough but finally came off after a soak in lacquer thinner.

You can see that most of the blisters are located in the areas that will be painted. So I decided to drill out the blisters with a round bur in a pin vise. (I need to buy a dremel before doing the other pieces).

Thinking about the next steps - I think I will epoxy prime the recesses. Fill the drilled areas with glazing putty. Prime again and then paint with the correct color (Marimba Red in the center and black around the perimeter).

In other news...The engine recipe is coming together. I have a 4" stroke forged crank on order from Molnar. And I came home from Hot August Nights with a set of Doug's ceramic coated headers. So incremental progress on all fronts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail Light Paint.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	597774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail Light Pait Softened.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	597775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail Light Clean 2.jpg
Views:	651