View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I'm very interested in your experimentation with the tail light bezel and tail panel.
Quote:
I'm curious to see how things turn out
I had read an article in one of the car magazines years ago about doing something like this. I can't remember if they refurbished a 65 GTO tail panel or one of the die-cast Mopar tail panels.

There seems to be three parts to the chrome bubble. The flaked chrome bubble, powdered metal underneath that, and soft decaying metal at the bottom. I've taken the burr through those layers into the good solid metal underneath.

This leaves little round craters - but they should fill pretty easy.

Quote:
Congrats on scoring a set of Doug's headers. I'm extremely pleased with how easily mine went in and how well they fit.
There is a Summit store in Sparks, NV and they always have a good discount during Hot August Nights. Picking them up in person also saved me the oversize shipping charge.

I'm currently gathering up everything I need to mock-up the drivetrain when the car comes back. I need the weight on the car to get the gaps all set - and since I don't know what is missing and/or not right its an opportunity to see what I have and what I need.

Thanks everyone for chiming in and following along.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail Light Drilled.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	597974  

The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Wild_Cat For This Useful Post: