View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 09:54 PM
Senior Chief

Went down myself and brought him home. Now residing in a toasty shop on my 2 post. The parts are trickling in. My goal is to have it moving under its own power. (engine reassembled, trans, full exhaust out the rear with splitters, lights, brakes, new fuel system by the 1st of the year)I have 2.5 weeks of vacation last half of dec. till the first week of jan. I will be doing most all alone and i will be basically living in my shop. I like challenges i guess and i like doing things most people think are not possible. I hope it comes together. We'll see.
I have no real reason for a deadline, with my time off, and my current level of mechanical ability, and the parts stash i already have, it just feels right.
See, I am a sentimental bastard. I put emotions and character in inanimate objects. Most all my classics have names and personality. They all have their own mannerisms. Thats why they are special to me. They all have a certain purpose.
I am a deep thinker. I tend to go off on some weird tangents. Bear with me. Ya know, I think to end a year, and to step into a new one, with a new 50 old car, thats been off the road since 1984, rebuild it by my own paws, thats gold right there. Some people like to smoke meth outta a light bulb, and it gets em as high as a georgia pine. I like to monkey with old Pontiac's or any of my classic cars. Its kinda therapeutic. Actually my 10 year old daughter loves cars has been cleaning parts and helping do prep work, and she has already claimed Billy for herself when the time comes. "Ok" i said. I will be glad to pass it along someday. Once i get to a point with pictures and progress i will put together a thread here. Thanks

1973 Grand Am 400 4 speed