Thread: headlights
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Real Sealed Beams have ZERO corrosion or reflector aging; they are sealed. Corrosion is a sigh of a phoney foam seal lens on a reflector with a mini bulb inside. I toss those in the creek.

I will repeat; the real Sealed Beams bulbs; T-3, Sylvania, General Electric, and Westinghouse are rather bright with 14.4 Volts.

Mandatory to run a good pair of ground wires from bulb connections on back to the alternator case. Aiming the bulbs will seal the deal.

Corollary: buying brite bulbs and running stock headlamp grounding to the radiator support is a kind of stoopid to me, so don'ta bother defending the stock approach; was cheap-bad when done originally new. Is what Rad-Support rust was made of.

For the Eval record; have tried John Deere clear beams (as bright), and Aircraft Landing lights ( like laser beams, the brightest, even with today's bulbs). Technology has rolled by, and there are brite bulbs to buy, but i don't know what they are. Dang, i've had comments that my headlight are so bright; and so i gotta esplain.

The only bulbs less bright were the phoney seal beams. And i do suppose there are dim sealed Beam bulbs but not familiar as they are usually tossed or burnt before i ever got to em.