View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15bhardwick View Post
Right now all I have is a block, pistons, and old eagle rods that I was possibly planning to replace. So I was already planning to order everything else for the heads along with bearings and other misc. items for the short block. Roller cam and lifters is a must along with the shaft rockers. Have read that the drawback to the highports are the longer/heavier valves. I would plan on ordering an intake for the heads if I had some good recommendations. Northwind and polar wind were coming to mind. Not sure if a Victor or BOP would work. Have a hood scoop so clearance there is not an issue
Run a Victor. Northwind is a compromise and you do not have a hood clearance issue.
Polar Wind ? I would not consider it unless the engine is huge. BOP, not sure they are even available anymore.
I have 2.20 valves on a 4.155 bore with High Ports. The longer heavier valves should not be a issue as long as you run a cam that will make power under 7000RPM and since you have a stock block I would keep it to 6500RPM or so.
You are going to need to run the right valve spring for the RPM and cam you are running. Too much spring pressure can cause problems for a stock block.