View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Well, I haven't gotten any opinions on the rotor phasing, so I haven't done that yet. (I do have brass contacts in the cap, btw)

But I figured I'd try Tom's thought of all three carbs needing to work together. So I put them back on and something isn't right. I didn't change anything with the center carb and now the car has a serious stumble off idle. Idle is still good at 14.5, but right at tip-in it seems to go way lean(19-20) and stumble. It does this before the linkage to the other carbs actually comes into play. I didn't change anything else. I'm wondering if this is my power valve. I can get a cruise that is decent (13) but it's a lot of work to be past that lean stumble and not into more throttle than I want. It's right at that poit I would typically cruise at...
Like I said in other posts, the accelerator pump covers up the lean hole right off idle.
Bolting on the outer carbs with the springs keeping the linkage/blades closed gets you a 14.5 idle which is close to perfect for a clean idle.

If you remove the linkage between the end carb (rear) and the center carb, you will now have the carbs mounted but only the center carb should be affecting drivability and non wide open throttle conditions. If you have a hesitation right off idle it is usually the pump or the center cluster holes are possibly plugged up. You should see a fuel squirt out of both discharge holes (in the cluster) when you move the center carb throttle lever even slightly.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.