View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 08:20 PM

Default Rear end progress

Here are a few pics of the rear end. I pulled the axle shafts in order to get the brake caliper backing plates off. Over all the rear end was in pretty good shape as far as rust was concerned. I have been using a heavy build primer. I have not been spending as much time as I should be but progress is starting to build momentum. Leaf springs are done, rear sway bar is done, I have new brake lines in from Ames, all new urethane bushings to replace the worn out rubber pieces. Will be ordering e-brake rebuild kit from Scarebird for the new calipers, as well as e-brake cables from local O'Reillys. 77 Trashcan is lined up to make a trip to MO from OK to purchase the extra rear end! I have purchased a very nice drive shaft and trans cross member from Camaropartsworld out of OH, thanks Doug! The drive shaft the "kid" sent (all wrapped up) with the car was too long and looked like it had spent most of its life in the bottom of a pond. The transmission mounting bracket on the cross member had been cut off and rewelded on the other side. Karma, its gonna get him! I have some minor bodywork to do under the car before I start spraying some primer and then black paint.

Stay safe and well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	79 Rear axle primer.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	540360   Click image for larger version

Name:	79 Rear axle paint.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	540361