View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rad400, I've got 8 Formula W6 package 15x8 Snowflakes with 4 so so center caps and 4with mint medalions. My 79 had 4 wheel discs. Sadly it's interior was completely stripped.... as in not a thing left but steering wheel and stick up thru the floor. All I could saved was the wheels, never used spare and inflator can, and tail lights. I cried to 3 days.

As for my 1st 66 GTO, that was my very first car. My dad cisogned for it. It was a toss up on it for $1,100 or a 66 327 4-speed Corvette convertible with the hardtop for $2,200. Oh dopey me, but I never regretted the GTO. At least not until I rolled her over a snowback in April of 71 and totalled her. I cried for a week over that.... no collision on her. Oh dopey me. I paid for that car for the next 2 years...47 and change every month month.

I saved and bought a 63 GP with 389 and automatic for $300. had that for 8 months and found a cherry 66 326 powerglide Tempest with bench seat for $600. Dark blue with a light silvery blue interior. Can't remember the actual colors names. Dressed her up with a 66 GTO hood, grilles with GTO emblem, and GTO parking lights for under a hundred bucks. Powerglide started to go so like dummy I traded it off for a 71 Camaro with a 6 and powerglide in it. Again , oh dopey me. LOL But to just have fun I bought a 66 MGB for $500 for the summer and parked the Camero.

In 73 I found a Gold 66 GTO with 389. 4bbl, 4-speed for 400. Could never get it started so I sold it 2 months later for 500. Yeah, I know.

And then this year finally got the chance for another 66 GTO and grabbed it. I almost crapped my pants on the price but that's EBay. LOL Funny thing is it's mostly original. Needs TLC and some fixing but what the hell, I could be spending it on booze and other stuff. At least it replaces my 76 Super Glide custom I had. I will not buy and ride another motorcycle while I live in Delaware.