View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmen
As far as your Engine swap, Has anyone else attempted an install of The L92 into a similar musclecar?.....I cant believe there are headers avalable for an 08 engine into a 70 GTO!

Do you use a factory ECM or is something else avalable?

What are your plans for the fuel delivery system?

....my friend has a 37 ford pickup/ street rod that has an all aluminum LS6 engine, currently it runs rich, very rich. We found that there was approx. 85lbs. of fuel pressure when there should have been only 55lbs...there is only one fuel line running from the in-tank pump to the engine, no regulator or return line. We are currently trying to fix this properly....thats why I was asking about your fuel system plans.

Keep the pic's coming!
There have been numerous Gen III/IV engine swaps into all kinds of A-bodies. It is a fairly well documented swap. I plan on using one of the new GM Performance harness and ECU packages. My GTO already has an EFI ready fuel system with an intake pump. I plan on installing a 2000 Corvette filter/regulator in the rear, by the tank. Simple deal. For your friend's 37 you definitely need to install a regulator and return line. Set it to 58psi.

Lots of goodies showed up today including the L76 intake manifold kit:

Andrew

Last edited by andrewb70; 03-21-2008 at 12:57 AM.