View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 07:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default The dash is painted.

Yesterday, I sprayed the top of the cowl, dash top and w/s frame with black epoxy primer.

This morning I sanded the primer on the dash top with 400 grit and then sprayed 2 coats of the Summit brand single-stage urethane matte black paint.
I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I had previously painted the VIN tag with a spray can of flat black and had it taped off for priming and painting the dash. I didn't want that many coats of primer and paint on the VIN number as the thickness would cause the numbers to lose their distinctness.

Good news and not so good news:
I called SPI today and they said they got their resins delivered and are planning on mixing batches of both the red base and clear coat I have on order. They will call me tomorrow to confirm when they will be shipping to me. The not so good news is that the paint booth filters I had on order hadn't even been shipped yet. (They had let me know by email but it went into my spam folder.) Supply chain problems with that too. They couldn't guarantee when they would ship so I cancelled that order and called some other suppliers. I found one that said they could have them to me in 2 weeks so I ordered them. I am anxious to start painting red paint but I still have things I can do while I'm waiting.

I think I will drop by my local auto glass supplier tomorrow and order a new windshield. It will be interesting to see if there are any supply chain issues with that.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: