View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 12:30 PM

I have stock shroud, 19" AC clutch fan, and correct later-11-bolt waterpump, so I have the correct 1/2-in-1/2-out spacing, BUT, my fan WILL end up closer to my radiator once my new Cold Case comes in, since it's thicker. ... .. assuming they ever ship it. Word of advice: don't order a CC rad through Firebird Central since they order it to be shipped to you from CC. You won't even get a tracking number, and it's been almost two weeks in business days and I have no earthly idea where the thing is or if it even shipped, and my Trans Am is just sitting in the garage with dripping radiator hoses hanging off the engine with its proverbial thumb up its butt.

But yeah, the 3-row Champion that came on my 79 T/A isn't as thick as the factory radiator, which would've been a 4-row Harrison since my car is equipped with factory air conditioning. You can tell because the 4 shock-absorbing/insulating pads at each corner are for a 4-row and kinda just jiggle around and are loose on the Champion radiator, and there's a good 1.25" gap between the radiator and fan shroud that I had to seal up. So check your rad and see if you maybe have an incorrect one. The new CC will close around an inch of distance between the radiator core and fan.

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 10-26-2021 at 12:44 PM.